It is getting harder and harder to maintain your privacy online. Because of this, many people use an alias for many of their accounts. If you want to maintain some anonymity, you should consider changing your account name to another name. Or maybe you’ve chosen a joke name and are tired of saying “Hello, Bananaface!” Every time I log in and for that you need to know How to change name on Xbox account?
Whatever the reason, we’ve put together a guide to help you change both the actual name associated with your Xbox account and your gamer tag or you can term how to change name on Xbox account. So you keep track of who knows what. You and what they call you when you murder them to death in Call of Duty.
Change your real name on your Xbox account
If you want to change the personal name associated with your Xbox account, you need to go online. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Open your computer’s web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, etc.)
- Type live.com in the address bar and press Enter, or click the link provided here.
- Sign in to the Microsoft account you use on your Xbox.
- At the top of the window, click “Your Info”.
- Under the current name your account is registered with, click the “Edit Name” link.
- Enter your name in the text box under Name.
- Enter your last name in the text field under Last Name.
- Enter the letters and numbers from the captcha image into the “Enter the characters shown” text field.
- Click the blue Save button.
Following these steps will for sure help you out on How to change name on Xbox account.
How to Change Your Xbox Gamer tag?
If you want to change the name most people see when they play games or send messages, you’ll need a new gamer tag. This is your identifier most of the time, and if you didn’t choose one the first time you signed up for an Xbox account, it will be something general and strange like CrunchyToast785.
If you have not chosen your gamer tag yourself and have one of these automatics, you can change it once for free. If you created one for yourself during registration or have already changed one, you will be charged for this if you wish to exchange it for something new, you change it, you don’t have to tell your friends your data is automatically updated for them (although you might want to let them know, so they know your name now)
How to change name on Xbox account using Computer or mobile device:
- Open your web browser on your computer or smart device (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, etc.)
- Go to xbox.com/ChangeGamertag in the address bar, or click on our link here.
- Enter the new gamer tag you want to use in the “Enter your new gamer tag” text box.
- Click or tap the green Check Availability button.
- The website will show you a message below the text box that it will not be available if someone else is already using the gamer tag. If so, try entering a new one and click Check Availability again.
- Gamer tag that is available and that you want to use, the box turns green and has a green check mark. To select this gamer tag, click or tap the green “Claim it!”
How to change name on Xbox account from Xbox One?
Here are the steps to follow if you want to change your gamer tag from an Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the guide,
- Highlight your Gamer pic in the top left of the screen and press the A button.
- Select My Profile and press A.
- Select Customize Profile and press A.
- Select your current gamer tag and press A.
- Enter the new gamer tag you want in the text box and press A if you have been done. If it’s already in use, you’ll see a “This name is not available” message, and you’ll need to try a different gamer tag or add some numbers at the end.
- Once you have one available, press A to confirm the change.
How to change name on Xbox account from Xbox 360?
- Start your Xbox 360 and sign in to the account for which you want to change the gamer tag.
- Go to My Xbox channel.
- Highlight your gamer card at the top right of the screen and press A.
- Select Edit Profile and press A.
- Select gamer tag and press A.
- Select Enter New gamer tag and press A.
- Enter the new gamer tag, want to use, select Done and press A. If the gamer tag is already in use, you will be notified and asked to try.
- When you’ve found an available gamer tag that you want to use, select Yes, I want to use this gamer tag and press A.
Note that if you have the gamer tag for an account that is linked to your Xbox 360, you must have that account on the console before you can log in again.
Further reading out how to change name on Xbox account, share your review/ suggestion/ feedback/ or anything you want to convey to us via comment section or mail. We always encourage our readers to connect with us.